What is Printmaking?Rediscovering the printing process after nearly 40 years has been an interesting process ~ disappointingly modern inks are not as rich in color (earthy colours are very plastic like) and modern water-based inks don’t become part of the surface, they sit on it, which is incredibly frustrating ~ the reason I took up printing in the first place was because of the absorbed flatness of the pigments.
The development of printing was preceded by the use of cylinder seals in Mesopotamia developed in 3500 B.C., and other related stamp seals. The earliest form of printing was woodblock printing, with existing examples from China dating to before 220 A.D. and Egypt to the fourth century. Later developments in printing include the movable type, first developed by Bi Sheng in China, and the printing press, a more efficient printing process for western languages with their more limited alphabets, developed by Johannes Gutenberg in the fifteenth century.
Printing. (2012, February 1). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 12:58, February 5, 2012, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Printing&oldid=474331649
- #Paintings 2007 – #Allergy (systemculture.com)
- Printmaking and Photography (ukoptimisation.com)
- Best #Blogs by #Printmakers (m4tr.co.uk)
- Art blogs, #printmaking (sitemaps-xml.com)
- Digital Printing (oecotextiles.wordpress.com)
- The only way to get your product noticed on the Internet is to promote your products or services on your own hosted website. We can offer...
- The use of sex in advertising can be highly overt or extremely subtle. It ranges from relatively explicit displays of sexual acts, to the us...
- What Is Search Engine Optimization? In simple terms, Search Engine Optimization, often referred to as SEO, is the process of increasing the...