Surveying the web - Blacklisted
|Is your site a two-headed duck?|
When you buy a new house you get a surveyor in to give the place the once over to make sure everything is in a good condition, fit for purpose and working correctly.
Have you ever thought about surveying your website? The same rules apply to taking over a website. If you buy an established website you must make sure that everything mentioned above is examined. We know of people who have bought a website which turned out to be blacklisted in Google. Their site was about as useful as a two-headed duck!
A blacklist (or black list) is a list or register of persons or companies who, for one reason or another, are being denied a particular privilege, service, mobility, access or recognition. As a verb, to blacklist can mean to deny someone work in a particular field, or to ostracize a person from a certain social circle. If this is applied to search engines it means it would be impossible for potential clients to find your site by searching for you. Companies like Google, Norton and Sucuri keep internal blacklists of sites known to have malware and they display a warning before allowing the user to click them.
Conversely, a whitelist is a list or compilation identifying persons or organizations that are accepted, recognized, or privileged. This is basically what modern search engines are becoming.
In computing, a blacklist is an access control system which denies entry to a specific list (or a defined range) of users, programs, or network addresses.
Are you looking for a good business deal? Do you need to be sure you have a cost efficient design team? We ensure our customers are confident in our high quality web design and optimisation services. We can also provide a green, ecological and fast web hosting service.
- We can guide you through the conception, birth pangs and sustainability of your web presence, we can create content for your website that can help you sell your products or services, we can optimise your site for search engines and submit them to the major players. We use a combination of automated and human processes to help you towards achieving world domination.
- We are based in the UK and support is via a UK telephone number.
- We can provide Brighton with a green, ecological and fast web hosting service.
- Our web updating services, optimisation and services are carried out in the United Kingdom.
- Support British industry.
- Contact us for a FREE quote
If you are just starting out as a blogger, you probably have less than 70 regular readers and if most of them are your family and friends - they are more than likely going to like every post you make, no matter how bad it is - this is not the basis of a good business plan....
All our web updating services, optimisation and services are carried out in the United Kingdom.
System Culture Limited have helped and assisted companies, individuals and organisations with their management of online and real world responsibilities, implementing strategies that have enabled them to work to a higher economic and resource potential. Troubleshooting and improving navigation and search engine issues within existing websites. Taking over the management and administration of websites for companies who require extra manpower for the short or long term.