Green business store
Media: Painting and Screen Print on canvas, signed and dated 2011.
Size: 110mm x 820mm
Supplied in the original black ‘temporary’ studio frame.
Buy here from Morgue Studio
- The act of being creative is a love hate thing – The Beauty and The Beast someone fetch a priest (ref. David Bowie)Beauty and the Beast (French: La Belle et la Bête) is a traditional fairy tale. The first published version of the fairy tale was a rendition by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve, published in La jeune américaine, et les contes marins in 1740. The best-known written version was an abridgement of her work published in 1756 by Jeanne-Marie Le Prince de Beaumont, in Magasin des enfants, ou dialogues entre une sage gouvernante et plusieurs de ses élèves; an English translation appeared in 1757. The tale has perhaps been made most recently famous by the retelling in the 1991 Disney film.In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. liberated 12:47, April 7, 2011, from: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Beauty_and_the_Beast&oldid=422255721
- Action Painting – Pollock. Print dribbled paint.
- Soft pink landscapes (1980) Richard Hamilton A landscape of soft focus and toilet paper – a turgid landscape. Collotype and Screenprint – text and image. A remembered exhibition.
- Rediscovering the printing process after nearly 40 years has been an interesting process – disappointingly modern inks are not as rich in colour (earthy colours are very plastic like) and modern waterbased inks don’t become part of the surface, they sit on it, which is incredibly frustrating – the reason I took up printing in the first place was because of the absorbed flatness of the pigments.
- ‘Stoned Moon Series’ was Rauschenberg’s ambitious response to the American space program and the landmark Apollo 11 mission that put Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the lunar surface in July 1969. At the invitation of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Rauschenberg witnessed the momentous launch of Apollo 11 at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.’
Nonsense by This Window